Boston's Best Cannoli; North End Cannoli Tour

February 19, 2016

Boston Best Cannoli Tour on juliettelaura.blogspot.com

Valentine's Day weekend was a dream. It was also mine and Andrews one year anniversary! Saturday he brought me to my favorite flower shops and bought me flowers and then surprised me with dinner at taberno de Haro (tapas and Spanish wine- yum!). But Sunday was my day to plan. It started with a boudoir shoot (view that here) and then I surprised him with a cannoli tour in Boston's North end. We went to the three most popular bakery's and had a taste test. Read on to find out which cannoli is Boston's Best!

Marias Cannoli on juliettelaura.blogspot.com

Maria's;
Maria's is the quietest of all three and also the smallest. They had the humblest set up of the three places. They had three varieties (plain, chocolate dipped- we got, and chocolate covered). This was the medium sized one of the three. This was my favorite of the three. And in my option, the filling was the perfect level of sweet, it was creamy and thick, and the shell wasn't too crunchy or too soft.

Modern Cannoli Box in Boston on juliettelaura.blogspot.com

Modern Cannoli in Boston on juliettelaura.blogspot.com

Modern;
After speaking to two north end born and raised Italian men, they said this was their favorite and the most traditional. Probably the most charming decor and not too busy. They also had the string hanging from the ceiling used to tie the boxes ( I don't know why I'm so obsessed with that). This was Andrews favorite. This was the smallest one. The shell was a bit too hard in my opinion. However, they fill the cannolis to order which I found so awesome.

Mikes Pastry Box on juliettelaura.blogspot.com

Mikes Pastry on juliettelaura.blogspot.com

Mikes;
The biggest of the cannoli's. Also probably the sweetest (maybe too sweet). This is definitely the biggest location for tourists, and the most well known. They had a huge variety of flavors, ranging from the chocolate chip (which we got) to Oreo to pistachio to fruit flavors. I think the variety is so fun! I love the way the string hangs from the ceiling and the fast paced nature of this shop. Not the most traditional but definitely the most variety.

Drinks at Caffe Vittoria on juliettelaura.blogspot.com

North End Cannoli Tour on juliettelaura.blogspot.com

Tips;
-Don't take my word for it; try all three!

-Head to Cafe Vittoria for a coffee drink. 
Fun fact; I had never had a coffee drink until then.
I ordered the cafe mocha and I loved it!
That's where the photo was taken-
however you can't eat outside food there.
Kind of a bummer, but that Caffe Mocha was so worth it!

-We ended up going back to mikes to eat the cannoli's 
(out of a mikes box so no one noticed- 
although it's so busy they definitely wouldn't anyway).

-Head to dinner at Vinoteca Di Monica! 
This is my favorite restaurant in the north end-
they still make their own pasta (a lot of places use boxed- boo!),
and the flourless chocolate cake is to die for.

-Bring cash! Most of these places only take cash.

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Juliette Laura. Design by FCD.